- 04-01-2010 #1Member
- Join Date
- 01 Apr 2010
Oracle date / time conversionHi I am converting data from an old paradox table to a new oracle table, one of the problems im having is incompatibility with date and time formats:
some columns contain times in the format : "00:00:00" eg..... "15:00:00"
some columns have date in the format: "dd/mm/yyyy" eg....... "21/08/2000"
some columns have time and date eg.. "05/09/2000 15:49:39"
Currently I have the data held in tables within an access database, and in CSV format.
Could anyone help me as to how I can get the following into Oracle date formats? there is over 1000 records so manual conversion is out of the question
Any help would be appreciated
- 04-07-2010 #2
Re: Oracle date / time conversionBetter you create a function to recognize whether the value is time part , date part . and perform TO_DATE() function accordingly . And you have to decide which date the target value should be.
- By cvkartik in forum Oracle SCM & ManufacturingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2011, 08:50 AM
- By mahalaxminanya in forum SQL PL/SQLReplies: 3Last Post: 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
- By sidtcs in forum SQL PL/SQLReplies: 2Last Post: 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
- By Farshad Javadi in forum SQL PL/SQLReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
- By haider_1pk in forum Oracle Forms and ReportsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2009, 05:11 PM