location of CSS files for classic layout

in Oracle Development and Fusion Middleware; Hey MarkH, thanks for your time to organize and put up this content, its very useful. Maybe this is off ...
+ Post Reply + Post New Topic
    ttt
    ttt is offline Junior Member

location of CSS files for classic layout

Hey MarkH, thanks for your time to organize and put up this content, its very useful.

Maybe this is off topic, but would you happen to know where are the shared files stored for classic layout (the files that will get pushed out to the weblayout folder), for most layouts and skins the files would be under:

\oracle\ucm\server\shared\publish\resources\all-layouts

and etc. and templates and resources from

\oracle\ucm\server\shared\config,

But i cant seem to find the files for classic layout. In particular i would like to change the css on the page( i think i can do it by changing the classic_layout_skin.css, because it gets pushed into the skin.css for classic layout in weblayout, but i also need to change the logo, and for that i have to find the actual image file.....eventhough the step by step reference would be totally awesome, i dont really expect to ride on peoples back, so a few pointers or corrections would be really appreciated, thanx in advance

Sadik is offline Administrator

Re: location of CSS files for classic layout

Moved Comment to Queries and Discussion.
    Learn Oracle with Oracle forum. Check out General Discussion Forums

Sadik is offline Administrator

hi tttt, this is just off my head and haven't checked out, but aren't the layout files supposed to be in <UCM>\weblayout\resources\layouts? Also, can u see the location of css file by looking at the source of the page?

on an off-topic if you use firefox, firebug is an excellent tool to look at CSS, source etc...
    Learn Oracle with Oracle forum. Check out General Discussion Forums

ttt

Classic Layout - CS10gr3

Hey everyone, I have a hard time customizing the Classic Layout. Firstly, I need to change the css for the classic layout, i think i can do it by making adjustments to the classic_layout_skin.css, since it is the "template" that is used when css is pushed out to skin.css in the weblayout folder. Secondly i need to change the images on the page like the background image on the left menu and the logo on the top. I cant seem to locate the original image files that will get "pushed out" to the weblayout folder, comparing to \oracle\ucm\server\shared\publish\resources\all-layouts where the files are stored for all other layouts. Any help is appreciated, thanx in advance...

ttt

Sorry i posted again, i haven't notice that you moved the post i thought it was deleted, if you make changes to the files in the weblayout folder, they will be erased next time i restart the server. I tried to go through the CustomLayout_Create Component, which creates a new component that merges values from the given resource file to the std_page resource file and specifies original paths to the files being published to the weblayout folder. Most of the native layout image files are stored in: \oracle\ucm\server\shared\publish\resources that is for all other layouts(trays, top menus), but i cant seem to find the original files for Classic Layout.....regarding Firebug, thanx i already use it, also the css for the classic layout is in \oracle\ucm\server\weblayout\images\stellent\skin. css, but its published from \oracle\ucm\server\shared\config\templates\classic _layout_skin.css
    Last edited by ttt; 03-10-2009 at 06:21 PM.

ttt

any thoughts anyone?

markH is offline Forum Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by ttt View Post
    any thoughts anyone?
    The logo for the classic layout image can be changed simply enough. The logo image file used is the one in the weblayout directory. It is present in <UCM>\weblayout\images\stellent directory. The image file name is scsbanner_left.gif for the Oracle logo on the left.

About the CSS file, I am not sure how it's generated. What happens when you make a change to the classic _layout_skin.css, doesn't it get implemented on the skin.css used finally?

ttt

Hey guys, thanx, I will try and play around with the images in that folder and see if the changes are persistent, if you make changes to the classic _layout_skin.css they will get carried over to the skin.css

Other Solutions
  1. Dynamic List Linking to a Document 's Web Viewable (Web Location:) PDF File ?
    By tomrowe in forum Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. Could not create css or layout in UCM
    By newb in forum Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM
  3. How to include one layout into other layout in Oracle Site studio designer
    By nv0044984 in forum Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM
  4. JSP Layout in oracle UCM stellent
    By harmaildhiman in forum Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM